Job Announcement US Biathlon Club Development Manager
by USBA Staff
Position Title: Club Development Manager
Reports to: The Director of Athlete Development
Remote work possible, ideally based within driving distance to one or more biathlon locations as well as easy access to an airport. Driving distance to Lake Placid for in-person meetings a plus.
Works closely with Athlete Development Director to inform, educate and support club leaders and Regional Coordinators in the growth of their biathlon activities. Manages all US Biathlon coordination with clubs and regional programs. Works collaboritively with US Biathlon staff to achieve the US Biathlon Mission and Vision.
1. Leads strategic efforts to grow biathlon programming across the U.S., including providing direct assistance and consultation to new or existing biathlon clubs interested in starting or integrating biathlon programming and infrastructure in their area.
2. Develops and implements a system for delivering standardized “Red Book” safety training to all USBA member clubs in coordination with the USBA Director of Operations
3. Manages and coordinates introductory “try-biathlon” youth weekend events or programs; works with Regional Coordinators to support the addition of biathlon to regional youth cross-country skiing event calendars
4. Develops and implements the delivery of coaching education courses and clinics, collaborating directly with the Director of Athlete Development on education philosophy and content
5. Coordinates external or internal working groups, as needed, to develop and implement a nationwide air rifle or laser rifle kids winter biathlon program curriculum designed for kids ages 8-14
6. Responsible for club resource opportunity generation and managing grant funding opportunities available for clubs
7. Develops, edits, and maintains a catalog of US Biathlon club education and informational material
8. Assists clubs with DE&I and sustainability policies
9. Supports US Biathlon Club Certification program by working directly with club leaders
10. Other basic responsibilities include:
a. Assists with the scheduling of national and regional events to maximize impact
b. Publishes and maintains annual educational & clinic calendar to reflect US Biathlon coach and officials education courses, clinics, or youth introductory events
c. Works with US Biathlon Director of Operations and Ops Manager to maintain US Biathlon website pages with up-to-date content and dates for club-related resources and information
d. Support coaching regional development camps, as/if needed
- Passion for supporting programs that bring the joy of biathlon to young skiers
- Ability to travel for regional and national events
- Knowledgeable of the function of various biathlon equipment systems, including .22 caliber, laser, and air rifle systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong command of digital office platforms (spreadsheets, documents, presentations, etc) and social media
- Coaching, event organizing and/or international competition trip experience a plus
- Background check and SafeSport Training mandatory
Please send applications to Sara Studebaker-Hall email@example.com US Biathlon Director of Operations. Include a letter of interest describing your biathlon experience and your interest in the position as well as a resume and three references.
Salary commiserate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but are appreciated by May 23rd.
(Photo: USBA National Championships 2022 - Danny Wild)