U.S. Biathlon Seeks Junior National Team Coach
by USBA Staff
The primary role of this position is to support a professional training and competition environment for the U.S. Biathlon’s Junior National Team. The position will be located in Bozeman, Montana, and will work in close cooperation with both the US Biathlon Team and Crosscut Mountain Sports Center (https://www.crosscutmt.org/).
This is a full-time position, starting in the spring of 2022. Experience coaching biathlon and cross-country at a junior elite level or higher is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Reports to US Biathlon’s Director of Athlete Development
● Collaborates closely with U.S. Biathlon Team coaches, CrossCut staff
● Coordinate, lead and support quality training sessions for elite development athletes in Bozeman, Montana
● Organize and run Junior National Team training camps
● Lead Youth/Junior Talent ID along with the Director of Athlete Development
● Help organize and participate in regional training camps
● Communicate with athletes and staff weekly on training logistics & goals
● Coach ski technique, strength training, and dry fire sessions with athletes, as appropriate
● Lead international youth and junior competition trips
● Daily on-the-ground decision making with athletes about training and providing daily training feedback
● Available for daily communication with athletes
● Training data entry, tracking, and analysis
● Work collaboratively with US Biathlon & CrossCut staff to foster growth of the sport and a positive environment in every aspect of the work
● Assist with additional programming at Crosscut Mountain Sports as appropriate
Qualifications & Skills
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum 2-3 years biathlon coaching experience
- Competency in Microsoft Excel and managing datasets
- Passion for creating a positive & professional training environment
- Desire to communicate, support, and work with developing athletes
- Experience working in extremely goal-oriented and high-performing team environments
- Willingness to travel to biathlon-related events up to 100 days a year.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Tim Burke, Director of Athlete Development, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.